Compiled by Ed Wallace / Sept 29, 2020
Noted Author, CIA officer, and advisor to President Reagan, Paul B. Skousen, will give a presentation entitled: “The Strength, Healing, and Restoration of America”, this Thursday, Oct 1, at the Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center, 850 S Bluff St, in St George. The event is free and is hosted by WashCo based Citizens For Constitutional Government. There are currently only 89 spots still available. Reservations can be made by clicking here.
Paul B. Skousen is an author and instructor on the United States Constitution. He received his undergraduate from BYU in communications and journalism, and his Master’s degree in National Security Studies from Georgetown University.
After graduate school Paul worked for President Ronald Reagan. He wrote twice-daily 5-liners for President Reagan on late-breaking events around the world, briefed senior administration members as needed, and helped edit the President’s Daily Brief (PDB) and the National Intelligence Daily (NID).
He worked as a military analyst, trainer, and watch officer for the Central Intelligence Agency, and as an intelligence officer for two years in the White House Situation Room. While working there, he inadvertently became involved in the so-called Iran-Contra Affair and received national notoriety when he preserved a large bag of shredded top secret documents, the so-called “smoking gun” from the Iran-Contra Affair, that he sold piecemeal as “shredded secrets from the White House.” Here is a re-telling of his experience with Col. Oliver North as told by famed radio commentator, Paul Harvey in 1994.
Skousen also has extensive experience interviewing political and military leaders in Egypt, Israel and Jordan, including the former Prime Minister of Jordan, the political advisor to Egypt’s President Mubarak, and senior generals in the Israeli military.
He is the author of five books including The Naked Socialist which provides an astonishing, new look at the greatest power of darkness and force yet born into the earth. It is the real story of socialism. In this hard hitting volume, Skousen strips away the fakery, the false hopes, the hollow dreams, and meaningless promises that socialists have foisted on countless millions for thousands of years. He explains what socialism is, where it came from, how it works, and why it always destroys its host nation.
This easy-to-read overview exposes socialism’s track record that started more than 6,000 years ago, and follows it right up until today, giving proof of its predictable failure to create, innovate, and protect.
The book fulfills an urgent need to answer such questions as, Was Barack Obama the first socialist president? How much of the U.S. Constitution has been replaced with socialism? What is socialism, and why does it eventually ruin everything it touches? How did the Founding Fathers specifically make socialism illegal? How did socialism destroy Rome, Jamestown, and Plymouth? Are these same patterns of demise at work today? Which U.S. presidents socialized America? How is socialism hurting nations around the globe? What are the best examples of socialism in action today? What are the Seven Pillars of Socialism? How can people learn to recognize socialism in their midst, or learn if they’re thinking like a socialist? What are the 46 goals of socialism? What will it take to eradicate socialism once and for all? And, how the Constitution abolished those ideas so long as the American people held firm.
Also included at the bottom of each page of the print edition is a current event, fact, quote or statistic—500 in all—regarding the failings of socialism and the strength and success of freedom. To view these facts and their sources, please click on “The Naked Socialist” Facts.
Skousen talked about his book, which completes the trilogy that was started by his father, W. Cleon Skousen, author of The Naked Communist and The Naked Capitalist, in an interview at FreedomFest, an annual libertarian conference held July 10-13, 2013, at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada. Here is that interview:
As a professional communicator, he has more than 25 years experience managing newspaper and magazine productions, corporate communications, and has been a columnist for The Daily Caller. He currently teaches communications and journalism at Utah Valley University. He and his wife, the former Kathy Bradshaw, are the parents of ten children.
He has revised and edited several of his father’s books including Fantastic Victory, The Cleansing of America, The Five Thousand Year Leap Glenn Beck Edition, and The Majesty of God’s Law. He is currently writing the Biography of W. Cleon Skousen, among other projects, and is a frequent speaker and motivational instructor.
Paul Skousen’s other books include:
- How to Save the Constitution-Restoring the Principles of Liberty (2019, nonfiction, an approach to restore Constitution) ISBN 978-1693812590
- How to Read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence (2016, nonfiction, brief introduction the America’s founding documents) ISBN 978-1534853751
- The Naked Socialist (2012, nonfiction, the story of socialism from its ancient roots to modern times) ISBN 978-1630720728
- Bassam and the Seven Secret Scrolls (2014, historical novel, the camel caravan becomes a nation in miniature, teaching the 7 ideas of prosperity and principles of freedom) ISBN 978-1630720520
- Zafir and the Seventh Scroll (2016, historical novel, continuation of Bassam series) ISBN 978-1539983583
- The Search for Rasha (2018, historical novel, conclusion of Bassam series) ISBN 978-1642280098
- Comrade Paul’s Socialist Bathroom Reader (2012, nonfiction, facts, tidbits and humor from socialist nations about socialism/communism) ISBN 978-1481194105
- Treasures from the Journal of Discourses (2012, nonfiction, highlights excerpted from the Journal of Discourses) ISBN 978-1630720704
- The Skousen Book of More Amazing Mormon World Records (2008, nonfiction, a follow-on to the first records book) ISBN 978-1599550602
- Brother Paul’s Mormon Bathroom Reader (2005, nonfiction, anecdotes, history, facts about Mormon (LDS) culture) ISBN 978-1555178956
- The Skousen Book of Mormon World Records (2004, nonfiction, historical anecdotes about Mormons (LDS) and their individual or membership-wide achievements) ISBN 978-1555178116
Utah Standard News depends on the support of readers like you.
Good Journalism requires time, expertise, passion and money. We know you appreciate the coverage here. Please help us to continue as an alternative news website by becoming a subscriber or making a donation. To learn more about our subscription options or make a donation, click here.
To Advertise on UtahStandardNews.com, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.