I haven’t seen Michael Moore this upset since the day the Chinese buffet ran out of egg rolls.
In the wake of the Democrats getting their assular areas handed to them on Tuesday, Michael McMuffinStuffer has been out trying to gin up change within the Democratic Party. Some of it makes sense (surprisingly enough). Most of it, however, it disgustingly ill-informed and moronic. Kind of like Michael Moore himself.
BEHOLD! Michael Moore’s Five Point Plan to Make The Democrats Great Again (okay, I added that last part. I really couldn’t resist) –
Morning After To-Do List:
1. Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn’t let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must “heal the divide” and “come together.” They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn’t wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that’s about to begin.
4. Everyone must stop saying they are “stunned” and “shocked.” What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren’t paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all “You’re fired!” Trump’s victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.
5. You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: “HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!” The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don’t. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he’s president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there’s climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don’t want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the “liberal” position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above).
Let’s take this apart piece-by-piece, shall we?
Point 1 – Is it bad to say I kind of agree with his reasoning here? Probably not in the way that he means it – I think the Democratic Party is obscenely corrupt and obsessed with their own power and they don’t give a flying flea fart about ANYONE. Why do you think Hillary Clinton didn’t come out to face her tear-stained supporters at 3 am on Election Night? She doesn’t care about them. She only came out the next morning when her DONORS were gathered and she made her concession speech for THEM…. read more here
Utah Standard News depends on the support of readers like you.
Good Journalism requires time, expertise, passion and money. We know you appreciate the coverage here. Please help us to continue as an alternative news website by becoming a subscriber or making a donation. To learn more about our subscription options or make a donation, click here.
To Advertise on UtahStandardNews.com, please contact us at: email@example.com.