After the recent incident involving Covington Catholic High School students at the Right To Life march in Washington, D.C. it is appropriate to take steps to end “Christophobia.” Of the three major monotheistic religions of the world, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, only Christianity does not have a plan to end the criticism of its beliefs. The Jewish people have anti-Semitism and the followers of Mohammed have Islamophobia to protect their beliefs from non-believers.
What can America and the world do to protect those who believe in Jesus Christ from non-believers?
Perhaps it is useful to use what the other two Abrahamic religions have used successfully as models. Just as the Jewish people have suffered from persecution and endured the horrors of the Holocaust, so to have Christians. Christians were fed to the lions by the Romans, slaughtered by the millions in socialist/Communist countries and are today being persecuted around the world in record numbers for their faith.
By the way, Jesus (عيسى or Issa in Arabic) is mentioned no less than 35 times in the Qur’an. Jesus is listed 27 times by his name, and 8 times as “the Messiah” or “المسيح” in Arabic. Mohammed is mentioned only 4 times in the Qur’an. (Read: All Qur’anic Passages about Jesus.)
Here are recommended steps to end the fear of Christians globally. (If you have other steps please feel free to list them in the comment section below.)
- Demand that all politicians refer to Christianity and Christians as followers of “the religion of peace.”
- Call anyone who blasphemes God or His Son Jesus as bigoted, hateful and a Christophobe (Christian anti-blasphemy law).
- Have the United Nations pass a resolution condemning Christophobia. Any nation state that speaks ill of Christianity must be condemned in the strongest terms and labeled Christophobic.
- Have the federal government hire Christians to go into prisons, neighborhoods, communities and recruit new members to the Christian faith, the religion of peace.
- Have the federal government subsidize the building of newer and larger churches throughout America and the world that praise the word of God and His Son, Jesus.
- Demand that local, state and the federal governments pass laws making it illegal for anyone to criticizes the followers of Jesus of Nazareth. Known as “blasphemy laws.”
- Designate any criticism or attack against any follower of Jesus, either verbal or physical, as a hate crime.
- Force all news sources to treat the followers of Jesus as a special class of people who cannot be criticized, vilified or covered in a negative way.
- Demand that Hollywood hire Christian actors and actresses in proportion to the followers of Jesus in the population of the United States. The same for professional sports teams.
- Require all school children to read the Bible and become followers of Jesus Christ.
- Elect more Christians to positions at the local, state and federal levels in proportion to the followers of Jesus in the population of the United States.
- Appoint Christians as judges in proportion to the followers of Jesus in the population of the United States.
- Force all businesses to serve the followers of Jesus equally.
- Force all non-Christian business to serve Christians equally under penalty of law.
- Pass resolutions at the local, state and federal levels making Christians a protected class of citizens.
Perhaps after reading this list you you may be thinking this is a joke. It is not.
These same protections, listed above, are provided in law and culturally to the other two Abrahamic religions at the local, state and federal levels in the U.S. and internationally.
QUESTION: Why not provide the same protections to Christians?
Utah Standard News depends on the support of readers like you.
Good Journalism requires time, expertise, passion and money. We know you appreciate the coverage here. Please help us to continue as an alternative news website by becoming a subscriber or making a donation. To learn more about our subscription options or make a donation, click here.
To Advertise on UtahStandardNews.com, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.